PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING A WAIVER AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY, CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING WITH YOUR ENTRY
In registering for The Mighty Long Walk 2019 (Event) for the Mito Foundation (incorporated as the Australian Mitochondrial Disease Foundation Limited) (AMDF), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
- All children are welcome, but children aged under 16 will need to be accompanied at all times by a registered and participating adult for the duration of the event.
- If you are under 18 years of age at the date of the Event, a parent or guardian must accept the Terms and Conditions for and on your behalf.
- You must be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Event.
- You must not be a danger to yourself or to the health and safety of others.
REGISTRATION / PRICE
- I accept that the entry fee for an individual Event participant is $30.00 (including GST), unless otherwise discounted.
- I understand that the Event will be free to spectators.
- I accept that I must sign in on the day of the Event at the designated check-in area. If signing in on the day of the Event I must arrive 30 minutes prior to my allocated start time.
- I will try my best to fundraise a minimum of $100.00 per individual Event participant for the AMDF.
- I understand that the fundraising component is not compulsory and that donations can be made online via the Mighty Long Walk website and I acknowledge that any donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that these donations may be tax deductible.
- I understand that incentives (the number and nature of which will be decided by the AMDF) may be awarded to the individuals or teams in relation to their fundraising.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely my own and I understand that walking and/or running is a potentially hazardous activity. I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event, that I have undertaken sufficient training for the Event. I attest that I am physically fit prior to undertaking the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment that may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of Event participation.
- I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I agree, in consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Event for myself, my heirs, executors and/or administrators to hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which could, would or might arise out of my death or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever that I may suffer or sustain in the course of, or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Event or as a result of any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of the AMDF, their authorised representatives or any other party involved in the Event.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be (and operate separately) in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved, or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging the Event (including but not limited to the AMDF) and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, servants, representatives, promoters, sponsors and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I acknowledge that under no circumstances will a refund be provided for donations made.
- I acknowledge that if the Event is cancelled by the AMDF, then the AMDF will refund to me the entry fee paid by me.
- I acknowledge that, except in the case of cancellation of the Event by the AMDF (as noted above) or due to exceptional circumstances (to be determined at the sole discretion of the AMDF and its authorised representatives), refunds will not be provided for the entry fee paid by me.
- I acknowledge that my registration can be transferred to another person by contacting AMDF at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I acknowledge that I should seek medical advice prior to participating in the Event if I have suffered or I am suffering from a medical condition.
- Consent to medical treatment: I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the AMDF’s medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event or his/her authorised representatives consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event.
- I acknowledge that I will provide an emergency contact name and phone number when requested by the AMDF or its authorised representatives and agree that the AMDF or their authorised representatives may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an emergency.
USE OF NAME OR PICTURE
- I consent to the publication and/or use of my name, challenge result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or Event result in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or other account of this Event, in any form of media and social media whatsoever including advertising and promotions for future AMDF events, or for any legitimate purpose without payment or compensation).
AGREE WITH RULES
- During the Event I agree to, abide by the directions of the AMDF or its authorised representatives and walk/run with care and consideration of others on the course.
- Adults accompanying children are responsible for supervising the children they are responsible for at road crossings and around stationery and moving vehicles at all times.
- I agree to read all Event rules, regulations and conditions and conform to them.
- I acknowledge that the AMDF or its authorised representatives may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event:
- if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
- to prevent damage to any property;
- on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person); and/or
- to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
DETAILS OF CHALLENGE AND CUT OFF TIMES
- I accept that I will require basic navigation skills to complete the challenge.
- I accept that it is recommended that I practice the Event route in advance of the Event, although this is not compulsory.
- I accept that I will be notified of my strict course start time prior to the Event and I will adhere to my allocated start time.
- I accept that the course will not be marked at regular intervals.
- I accept the course has an intermediate check point.
- I accept that if I decide to abandon the Event at any point after crossing the start line, I will immediately notify the AMDF or its authorised representatives (including any volunteers) on route or by telephone.
- I accept that it is my responsibility to get myself, and any Event participant under 18 years of age of which I am the parent/guardian, home regardless of whether I or we complete the Event or abandon the Event prior to completion.
- I accept that I will be notified of my strict course cut off time (Cut-Off Time) prior to the Event. In the circumstance where I do not finish the course by the Cut-Off Time, I accept and agree that I may be transported to the finish line by the AMDF or its authorised representatives (including any volunteers).
- I accept that the AMDF will not provide parking for Event participants or spectators for the Event. I accept that it is my responsibility to locate suitable parking before or during the Event.
- I acknowledge that there is comprehensive information in relation to the challenge available on the Mighty Long Walk website (www.mightylongwalk.com.au).
- I acknowledge that all entry kits (including bibs) will be provided during sign in on the day of the Event or prior to the Event for certain locations only.
- I acknowledge that the Event is a challenge, rather than a race.
- I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the AMDF at email@example.com
- Privacy Statement: The AMDF and its authorised representatives respect and value the privacy of all information we collect about Event participants. As the organisers of the Event, the amdf and its authorised representative collect information about participants for the administration and conduct of the Event. Information collected will be securely stored on our database. It may be disclosed to medical and paramedical personnel for delivering medical services. Event participant's information may also be given to the AMDF’s public relations consultant for the generation of media stories with prior consent. Any sensitive information that you provide will be used to help us identify and share information relating to events and matters that may be of interest to you. There is no obligation to provide sensitive information. By entering this Event, you consent to your personal information being provided and used as outlined above. You further consent to receiving information and marketing material from the AMDF and its authorised representatives.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me on the entry form is true and correct.